Thursday, March 17, 2011

St Paddy's Day

Most people today will have at least a beer or two. I'd say the majority will have far more than two. If you're one of those, please take my challenge to donate at least the cost of two beers to your favorite group helping in Japan.


American Humane's Red Star Group and WSPA are both helping in Japan. In addition, Japan Earthquake Animal Rescue and Support has been doing some amazing work.

Do you think St Patrick would rather you get smashed tonight on green beer or that you help some suffering creatures? Thankfully, you don't have to choose and can do both if you want! Even if you don't believe in saints, give to the groups anyway.


By the way, if you want a touching story of survival, the kitties and people of Cat Island seem to have survived despite the worst fears! Here's a Discovery article.

2 comments:

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Go Bethany! I know I'm reading late, but, nonetheless, that's an awesome post! I didn't do the green beer so I'm off to send some new green papers to help!

Bethany said...

Thanks, Hubble! I think indulgence is good but always feel better when I include some aspect of giving in with that indulgence. Hope you enjoyed your green-beer-less Paddys day :)